Introduction to NSF and PST File
NSF File is basically a file format that is used by the Lotus Notes application to store the data of users. It is a binary file and mainly comprises two headers namely file and database. On the hand, the PST file is MS Outlook compatible file format. This is used by Outlook to store the data in your system. However, with the passage of time users started to shift their email accounts to Outlook. This is probably because Outlook offers many additional benefits as compared to other alternatives. Besides this, some other factors also insist users to move into an Outlook account. Some of the most genuine reasons for this conversion are given below.
Why to Convert NSF to PST Format?
● Budget-friendly – Outlook has reasonable charges in comparison to Lotus Notes.
● Handy interface – Lotus Notes offers a complicated interface. So, users find Outlook to be easier than Lotus Notes.
● Data Security – the primary concern of every user is data security and Outlook matches this criterion very well.
● Operates in offline mode – Outlook PST files can be accessed in offline mode but Lotus Notes files require a stable internet connection.
These are some of the reasons for forwarding NSF data into a PST file. Until now we have discussed the factors responsible for the data conversion. So, now moving ahead we will know about the methods to convert Lotus Notes to Outlook.
Manual Method to Export Lotus Notes Email to Outlook
The manual method is a DIY approach to data migration. Here, you have to perform the procedure on your own. This technique is lengthy because it is divided into two stages. You have to complete the first stage correctly and then proceed to the next stage. The steps are given below.
Stage 1 – Transfer Lotus Notes to CSV files
● Open Lotus Notes application.
● Then navigate to File Menu.
● Select Lotus Notes Application.
● Browse the NSF file in the open application space and open it.
● Select Export on the File option.
● Now, enter all the details related to file name, file location, and save as type.
● Choose CSV as the file format.
● Then enter the details as given in the below image.
● After that hit on the OK button.
Stage 2 – Transfer the CSV data into the Outlook account
● Open MS Outlook in your system.
● Then go to the File option.
● Select Open & Export and then hit on Import / Export.
● Now, choose the Import from another program or file option and go next.
● Select the CSV file option and then hit next.
● Choose the browse option and search the CSV file.
● Choose the folder to store data and then proceed.
● Put a tick mark in the Import a File box and hit on Finish button.
● Now, the CSV data will be exported to MS Outlook.
With the help of these steps, you can convert NSF to PST format. But this technique is not suitable for beginner users as it requires technically skilled users. Moreover, this free lotus notes converter mode does not allow users to select specific emails for conversion. Thus, users are recommended to check out the easy Lotus Notes to Outlook converter to complete the task effortlessly.
Professional Technique to Migrate NSF Files to PST Format
DRS NSF to PST Converter is the best technique to convert NSF files into PST. The software is the most trustable solution to transfer NSF files into different other file formats and email clients. The application is easy, safe, and saves a lot of time for users. You can use this NSF to PST Converter free version and convert 50 emails per folder for free.
From this post, we have learned about the reasons and methods to convert NSF to PST format. The manual method is more time-consuming and laborious than the professional technique. Hence, users are suggested to consider all the aspects of both the procedures and choose the most appropriate solution for them.